Toll Free: 1-877-Info2Day
Voice Over IP - VoIP
Data and Voice
This Hands-On course provides in-depth coverage on Voice over IP (VoIP), which integrates voice and data transmission, is quickly becoming an important factor in network communications.
It promises lower operational costs, greater flexibility, and a variety of enhanced applications. This course provides a thorough foundation to this new technology to help experts in both the data and telephone industries plan and support their VoIP networks.
This Hands-On course will allow participants to work with an in-class intranet infrastructure constructed with Ethernet switches and routers. Upon successfully constructing and testing the in-class Intranet, participants will observe the installation of voice and video hardware and software on PCs. Participants will test for voicevideo quality over the LAN and WAN. These labs are very useful methods to understand the A-Z of VoIP.
- Explain the basics of telephony and TCPIP
- Understand the engineering tools and procedures required for a voice network and the current technologies leading to the integration of voice and data networks
- Explain the basics of Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Understand existing and emerging standards for VoIP and network architectures to support VoIP
- Understanding Carrier Grade VoIP Technologies
- Describe the protocols that support VoIP calls and explain how IP works with the PSTN
- Identify some of the challenges VoIP faces in today's networks to demonstrate a good understanding of its capabilities
- Explore the latest enabling technologies
- Explain SoftswicthMGC, Media Gateways, SIP, Megaco, and MGCP
- Voice characteristics, compression standa Mean Opinion Scores (MOS)
- Learn about the functional components involved in using gateways to deploy VoIP networks
- Explain the concepts of quality of service enforcement techniques
- Explain performance and voice quality considerations
- Discuss VoIP OSSBSS
- Review transitioning to the All-VoIP PSTN and VoIP Taxation
- Explore project planning process of VoIP
- Review successful VoIP deployments for wireline, wireless, and cable operators
- Discuss successful and unsuccessful VoIP deployments
- Step through a practical process for managing a VoIP deployment project
- Explore the current and future market trends
- Discuss Video Services Over IP
- And More...
This course is designed for anyone who plans on using, evaluating or working with VoIP networks, applications and services.
Basic telephony and understanding of Basic TCPIP is recommended.
LAB 1 Using Lines and IP Bandwidth Calculation
It can be used to estimate the bandwidth required through an IP based network for a fixed number of voice paths. voip bandwidth calculator calculates the bandwidth requirements for voice over IP. This depends on the voice compression scheme used (e.g. G.711, G.723, G.728, G.729), the packet interval and the transport protocol (RTP, cRTP).
LAB 2 Erlangs to VoIP Bandwidth Calculation
The Erlangs and Bandwidth Calculator can be used to estimate the bandwidth which must be provided through an IP based to satisfactorily transport a given busy hour traffic level.
LAB 3 Build a shared Ethernet and share multimedia files.
LAB 4 Build a switched Ethernet and share multimedia files.
LAB 5 Engage in H.323 audio and video session using your workstation.
LAB 6 View a quality of service (QOS) policy built on a workstation.
Voice Over IP
LAB 7 Construct a router network and view its performance using various delay
LAB 8 Configure your gateway for successful voice and fax transmission.
LAB 9 Using router utilities to view a Q.931H.323 protocol connection establishment.
LAB 10 Using your protocol analyzer view multimedia packets in detail.
LAB 11 Configure various VOIP hardware and software products.
Instructor-Led with numerous Hands-on Labs and exercises.
BTS always provides equipment to have a very successful Hands-On course. BTS also encourages all attendees to bring their own equipment to the course. This will provide attendees the opportunity to incorporate their own gear into the labs and gain valuable training using their specific equipment.
Toll Free: 1-877-Info2Day