Toll Free: 1-877-Info2Day
DSL - Digital Subscriber Line Installation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting
including: CAT5 & CAT6 Preparation, Installation & Testing
This 2-day Hands-On course provides in-depth instruction for Installing, Maintaining and Troubleshooting DSL services. Attendees will learn the inner workings as to how the DSL works and the loop parameters required providing uninterruptible service.
This will include residential, commercial and industrial environments. This is a Hands-On course that uses state of the art testing equipment. Meters will be used to check loop parameters and will train your technicians Line pre-qualification, line performance, DSL customer-end equipment installation and troubleshooting is the primary focus of this course.
You can't afford to operate on a "plug and pray" basis in today's competitive market. Our SMEs have the field experience to find the answers to real live scenarios, providing students with a Real-World Experience
- DSL Applications
- Cable Channels Over the Copper Pair, Internet Access,
- Video on Demand, Video Conferencing, Voice Over IP, more...
- All Types of xDSL
- ADSL , ADSL2, ADSL2+, ISDL, HSDL, RADSL, SDSL, VDSL, VDSL2+, CDSL, UDSL
- DSL System Components Configurations for Residential Business Modems, Splitters, Filters, more
- Hands-on Exercises using Sunrise, EXFO, Fluke, JDSU (Acterna, TTC), DynaTel, Sidekick, and any additional meters to synchronize with DSLAM, and interpret results...
- Turn up Results Margin Capacity, Upstream, Downstream, Maximum Bit rates, more.
- DSL Loop Parameters Cable Acceptance Distances, Speeds, Cable Pair-Testing and Qualifications.
- CAT5 CAT6 Cable Preparation, Install Testing Latest Standards, Tools, and Techniques used for cable installations, plus Speeds, Cable Testing and Qualifications.
- Hands-On Testing Troubleshooting DSL Circuits, Test Equipment, and more...
- Troubleshooting Identify Customers Related Problems, Defective Lines and Equipment.
- And More
OSP Technicians, CO Technicians, ILEC Installation, Repair and Maintenance Technicians, CLECASI ADSL Installation Technicians, CLECASI Network Technicians, DSL Technical Support Technicians, DSL Group Managers Sales Marketing Support Managers and anyone requiring Hands-On skills for supporting, installation andor maintenance of DSL services.
Basic electrical telephony concepts. This information can be obtained in our
-TeleCom I or II
-Basic Telephony TeleCom Electronics
Module I: Understanding xDSL
Terms and Acronyms
History of xDSL
Types of xDSL
xDSL and Applications
Cable Channels Over the Copper Pair
Video on Demand
Voice Over IP
Module II: Components of a DSL System
Module III: Digital Transmission
Explanation of bits and bytes
CAP/DMT line code
Converting digital to analog
Error detection schemes
Frames and Superframes
Examples of download/upload systems
Interpreting LINK TRUN-UP RESULTS
Explanation of all DSL connection results
Module IV: Loop Qualification & Testing
Distance versus bit rate
Gauge/quality of cable
Load coils/Smart coils
Explanation of test equipment used in ADSL
Sunrise/Dynatel/Harris/Sidekick/Any type brought to class
Complete a 10 step troubleshooting procedure
Field tested and proven successful
Testing and explanation of physical faults
Shorts/grounds/crosses/splits/opens (high joints)
T1/AM radio/other high frequency interference issues
TDR traces and testing
Module V: CAT5 & CAT6 Cable Preparation, Installation and Troubleshooting
- Codes and Standards
- Pulling Cables
- Supporting Cables
- Cable Obstacles
- Cable Documentation
- Special Tools
- Pair Twist Limits
- Bend Radius
- Connector Types
- Cable Management
- Cable Performance Specifications
- Quality Workmanship
- Cable Terminating
- Termination Tools
Module VI: Case Studies & Troubleshooting Tips
Discussion of issues associated with customers
Aerial and buried drops
Twisting/bonding and grounding
Cat 3/Cat 5/Cat 6
Basic troubleshooting tips at the PC
Network Interface Card Installation ( NIC)
Instructor led with numerous Hands-On labs and exercises.
BTS always provides equipment to have a very successful Hands-On course. BTS also encourages all attendees to bring their own equipment to the course. This will provide attendees the opportunity to incorporate their own gear into the labs and gain valuable training using their specific equipment.
Toll Free: 1-877-Info2Day